Dear Baby:
Your dad and I went out with our friends, Nick and Allison, last night and told them about you. They were so excited. It was the first time either of us said anything about you to anyone, but we're going to a birthday party tonight and I suspect we'll say something there, too. It feels good to share you with the people we love ... like instead of being something that's just happening to your dad and I, it's something happening to all of us as a community. After all, you will meet all these people one day. They will be your aunts and uncles and friends and cousins and grandparents. They're a really good group, Baby. I'm glad they will be your family.
Allison made me feel a million times better about some things I was worried about. We live in a tiny house, Baby. It's not so tiny that you can't be an infant here, but once you're mobile, who knows? And we're pretty poor. Not so poor that we're only eating Ramen, but poor enough that we won't be taking a vacation anytime soon. But Allison was full of suggestions (Cosleeper! Cloth diapers! Hand-me-downs! Showers!) and made me feel as if we had nothing to worry about.
I'd like to think Allison's right and things will be just fine. Because she's been through it before, of course, but also because from now on, I want to be optimistic about our family's circumstances. What good does constant worrying do any of us, right?
And with that, I'm off to Target to buy some clothes my belly can grow into.
Until my next letter, all my love,
Your Mom
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment